Who we are
Our website address is www.thecourseconsultant.com
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
Like most website operators, The course consultant collects non-personally-identifying information of the sort that web browsers and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, language preference, referring site, and the date and time of each visitor request. The course consultant’s purpose in collecting non-personally identifying information is to better understand how The course consultant’s visitors use its website. From time to time, The course consultant may release non-personally-identifying information in the aggregate, e.g., by publishing a report on trends in the usage of its website.
The course consultant also collects potentially personally-identifying information like Internet Protocol (IP) addresses for logged in users and for users leaving comments on https://thecourseconsultant.com blog posts. The course consultant only discloses logged in user and commenter IP addresses under the same circumstances that it uses and discloses personally-identifying information as described below.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
Your information will be shared with us in order to communicate with you about potential services and products that would benefit you. No contact information will be shared or sold to any third party.
To enrich and perfect your online experience, The course consultant uses “Cookies”, similar technologies and services provided by others to display personalized content, appropriate advertising and store your preferences on your computer.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Www.thecourseconsultant.com uses Google AdWords for remarketing
You can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Preferences page, and if you want to you can opt out of interest-based advertising entirely by cookie settings or permanently using a browser plugin.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who we share your data with
We keep your information private and do not sell your data to any third party. If you choose to use any of our affiliate links, HerDesignedLife is not held responsible for any data collected on those separate websites.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
Gathering personally-identifying information
Certain visitors to The course consultant’s websites choose to interact with The course consultant in ways that require The course consultant to gather personally-identifying information. The amount and type of information that The course consultant gathers depends on the nature of the interaction. For example, we ask visitors who sign up for a blog at https://thecourseconsultant.com to provide a username and email address.
The security of your Personal Information is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
How we protect your data
HerDesignedLife uses a web application called wordfence that conducts the following security measures.
- Web Application Firewall identifies and blocks malicious traffic. Built and maintained by a large team focused 100% on WordPress security.
- Protects our site at the endpoint, enabling deep integration with WordPress. Unlike cloud alternatives does not break encryption, cannot be bypassed and cannot leak data.
- Integrated malware scanner blocks requests that include malicious code or content.
- Protection from brute force attacks by limiting login attempts, enforcing strong passwords and other login security measures.
- Malware scanner checks core files, themes and plugins for malware, bad URLs, backdoors, SEO spam, malicious redirects and code injections.
- Compares website core files, themes and plugins with what is in the WordPress.org repository, checking their integrity and reporting any changes to you.
- Repair files that have changed by overwriting them with a pristine, original version. Delete any files that don’t belong easily within the Wordfence interface.
- Checks our site for known security vulnerabilities and alerts you to any issues. Also alerts you to potential security issues when a plugin has been closed or abandoned.
- Checks our content safety by scanning file contents, posts and comments for dangerous URLs and suspicious content.
- With Live Traffic, monitor visits and hack attempts not shown in other analytics packages in real time; including origin, their IP address, the time of day and time spent on your site.
- The free version of Wordfence includes an excellent comment spam filter.
- Block attackers by IP or build advanced rules based on IP Range, Hostname, User Agent and Referrer.
What data breach procedures we have in place
If a data breach occurs you will receive a notification via email including the following information.
- Nature of the personal data breach
- Name and contact details of the data protection officer
- Likely consequences of the personal data breach
- Measures were taken or proposed to be taken
What third parties we receive data from
We provide our readers with a customized experience and do so by using these third parties.
Unless otherwise stated, Her Designed Life and/or its licensors own the intellectual property rights for all material on Her Designed Life. All intellectual property rights are reserved. You may access this from Her Designed Life for your own personal use subjected to restrictions set in these terms and conditions.
You must not:
- Republish material from The Course Consultant
- Sell, rent or sub-license material from The Course Consultant
- Reproduce, duplicate or copy material from The Course Consultant
- Redistribute content from The Course Consultant
This Agreement shall begin on the date hereof.
Parts of this website offer an opportunity for users to post and exchange opinions and information in certain areas of the website. Comments do not reflect the views and opinions of Her Designed Life,its agents and/or affiliates. Comments reflect the views and opinions of the person who post their views and opinions. To the extent permitted by applicable laws, Her Designed Life shall not be liable for the Comments or for any liability, damages or expenses caused and/or suffered as a result of any use of and/or posting of and/or appearance of the Comments on this website.
Her Designed Life reserves the right to monitor all comments and to remove any Comments which can be considered inappropriate, offensive or causes breach of these Terms and Conditions.
You warrant and represent that:
- You are entitled to post the Comments on our website and have all necessary licenses and consents to do so;
- The Comments do not invade any intellectual property right, including without limitation copyright, patent or trademark of any third party;
- The Comments do not contain any defamatory, libelous, offensive, indecent or otherwise unlawful material which is an invasion of privacy
- The Comments will not be used to solicit or promote business or custom or present commercial activities or unlawful activity.
You hereby grant Her Designed Life a non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, edit and authorize others to use, reproduce and edit any of your Comments in any and all forms, formats or media.
Links to external sites
We have no control over, and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites, products or services.
The course consultant may collect statistics about the behavior of visitors to its website. The course consultant may display this information publicly or provide it to others. However, The course consultant does not disclose your personally-identifying information.
This site uses affiliate links and does earn a commission from certain links. This does not affect your purchases or the price you may pay.
Those who engage in transactions with The course consultant – by purchasing The course consultant’s services or products, are asked to provide additional information, including as necessary the personal and financial information required to process those transactions. In each case, The course consultant collects such information only insofar as is necessary or appropriate to fulfill the purpose of the visitor’s interaction with The course consultant. The course consultant does not disclose personally-identifying information other than as described below. And visitors can always refuse to supply personally-identifying information, with the caveat that it may prevent them from engaging in certain website-related activities
Her Designed Life
P.O. Box 2201 Traverse City, MI 49685